What is NeuroStar Advanced Therapy (TMS)?
During a NeuroStar treatment session, a magnet similar in strength to that used in a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine is used to stimulate nerve cells in the area of the brain thought to control mood. These magnetic pulses may have a positive effect on the brain’s neurotransmitter levels, making long-term remission possible.
Treatment with NeuroStar Advanced Therapy is easy:
• Therapy sessions are conducted in your NeuroStar doctor’s office
• You can return to normal activities right away
• You are awake during treatment
• There are no negative effects on memory or sleep
• It’s covered by most health insurance plans, including Medicare and Tricare
How NeuroStar TMS Therapy Works
Here's what you can expect from a NeuroStar Advanced Therapy (TMS) session:
You’ll recline comfortably in the treatment chair. A small, curved magnetic coil will be positioned lightly on your head.
NeuroStar delivers focused magnetic stimulation directly to the target areas of the brain. You’ll hear a clicking sound and feel a tapping sensation on your head.
In-office treatment with NeuroStar TMS Therapy typically takes 19-37 minutes and is administered 5 days a week for approximately 4-6 weeks.*